The slip and fall injury law firm in Villanova presents this article on the suburb of Villanova. Learn more about the many establishments in the community.
Villanova is a suburb of the City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Located at the center of a series of Philadelphia suburbs along the original Pennsylvania Railroad east-west tracks called the Philadelphia Main Line, it also straddles Radnor Township in Delaware County, Lower Merion Township in Montgomery County and Lancaster Pike. As of the 2000 census, it has a population of 9,189 people. The suburb has been classified as having a hot-summer humid continental climate. It is within proximity to the communities of St Davids, Ithan, Wayne, Radnor, Rosemont and Bryn Mawr.
Villanova University is a private, coeducational, research higher education institute in Villanova. Run by the Order of Saint Augustine, it is the oldest Catholic university in Pennsylvania and is the only Augustinian university in the U.S. The school was established in 1842 by the Augustinians and named after Saint Thomas of Villanova. It is deeply rooted in its Augustian Catholic foundation, with the administration being led by priests, most of its students being Catholic, and all of its students being required to take an Augustine and Culture Seminar (ACS) course in their freshman year. As of fall 2020, the university has an enrollment of 10,942 students and 545 academic staff. It has been classified among "R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity."
Camp-Woods was built between 1910 and 1912. The historic estate was designed by architects John S. Cornell & Sons and Howard Van Doren Shaw of the Italianate and Georgian architectural style. The two-story, limestone and brick, "F"-shaped house was constructed for banker James M. Willcox. It is situated on the former 200-man outpost that was established by George Washington's Army during the Valley Forge winter of 1777 and 1778. This Revolutionary encampment has been marked by a flagpole in a circular stone monument. On September 1, 1983, the historic mansion, with its associated buildings, was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
Bridge in Radmor Township No. 2 can be found on Bryn Mawr Avenue over Meadowbrook Run in Villanova. Constructed in 1905, the historic brick and concrete arch bridge is 75 feet long and has an arch spanning 10 feet long. On June 22, 1988, it was added to the NRHP.
Contact our Villanova slip and fall injury attorneys if you or a loved one has sustained some injuries because of a falling incident. We can help you determine the cause of the accident and hold the party responsible for it accountable for their negligence. Call now to schedule a free case review.
7708 City Ave #208-A
Philadelphia, PA 19151