You have the right to seek both justice and compensation after your accident and the experienced attorneys at Justice Guardians can help.
Motorcycle Personal Injury Lawsuits & Compensation
Compensation from a lawsuit can come in two forms – a settlement or an award from a judge/jury. The total amount that may be obtained varies greatly from case to case, but when determining an amount, the losses that you have sustained will be factored into the final amount. Compensation from a lawsuit is designed to fully cover both past and anticipated future:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Earnings
- Physical Pain & Suffering
- Emotional Distress
Can I Sue If My Loved One Died In A Motorcycle Accident?
If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to pursue justice on their behalf.
Family members who are most commonly eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit include the spouses, children, and parents of the deceased, however, others who were dependent on the deceased may also be able to file. Compensation may cover:
- Loss Of Companionship
- Loss Of Inheritance
- Funeral & Burial Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Physical & Emotional Trauma
How A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
There are many steps to the legal process and our experienced legal team will prepare you for every single step including:
- The Pleadings: This is when the plaintiff files the initial legal paperwork with the court and a copy of their complaint is delivered to those that have been named as a defendant. Then, after being granted a specific amount of time, the defendants will file an “answer” which will address the allegations that the plaintiff has made.
- Discovery: This is the period of time during which our legal team will collect evidence to support our client’s allegations. This is typically the longest period of time during the lawsuit.
- Trial: If a settlement agreement cannot be reached the case will go to trial where our experienced attorneys will aggressively fight for your rights.
Should I Settle Or Go To Trial?
The decision to settle or proceed to court is entirely yours. If an offer to settle is made, our lawyers will review it with you and depending on your wishes, may work to negotiate a larger amount. However, if you would prefer to go to trial our legal team will do everything in our power to fight for the compensation you deserve before a judge and jury.
Do Criminal Charges Affect A Motorcycle Crash Claim?
Criminal charges and civil lawsuits are entirely separate. For example, if you were hit by a drunk driver, the driver may be charged with driving while under the influence, reckless driving, and other criminal charges. While the physical evidence collected by the police may help to support your civil case, the outcome of their criminal case doesn’t impact your ability to move forward with your complaint.
Motorcycle Accident Law Firm In New Jersey
Our team of experienced legal professional have been handling motorcycle crash claims for decades. We always offer free consultations under no obligation to potential clients.
Call us today to receive the relevant legal information regarding your case. Afterwards, you’ll be properly armed to make such an important decision not only for yourself but also for your loved ones.